Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to 1john3one

"See what love the Father has given us, that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are."

It is my hope that this blog will be a vehicle of God's grace, drawing us together in our journey of life and faith.

Primarily, I will be using this blog as a way of providing a meeting space for individuals who will be joining me in the adventure of reading the Bible. Beginning October 1, 2007 I will be proposing a section of Scripture to read each week over which I will comment and invite the comments of others. Over the course of the year, we will read one half of the Old Testament. Reading the Bible five to ten minutes each day will be the small steps that we will take to reach our goal. I invite you to join me in discovering the one who has named us "Children", and that is what we are.

I am a rookie at blogging, so that makes this an adventure in and of itself......glad to have you along for the ride

4 comments:

MGVHoffman said...

Great to see you start this blog! I'm looking forward to watching it develop. TLbwy! Mark

Pastor Jerry said...

glad we could connect on the phone.....as you can see, I've modified things a bit...still learning how to do this!

Dale Heinkel said...

I'll look forward to reading the Bible with you Jerry. Kind of like we did 30 years ago, only very high tech, these days. I'm excited to see Mark Hoffman's picture. He's better looking now than he was 30 years ago too. Dale

laymen l said...

I know its not ash wednsday, but when i read this parable it reminds one how selfish we humans are. We want all the credit and control. We dont want to see others get anything more then what WE feel they deserve. We want to tell GOd who and why some deserve salvation while others need to be thrown to the pits of hell. Would our world be much different if we could do unconditional love, and not keep score?