Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23

2 Sam. 13:7-14

"David sent word to Tamar at the palace: "Go to the house of your brother Amnon and prepare some food for him." So Tamar, went to the house of her brother Amnon, who was lying down. She took some dough, kneaded it, made the bread in his sight and baked it. Then she took the pan and served him the bread, but he refused to eat. "Send everyone out fo her," Amnon said. So everyone left him. Then Amnon said to Tamar, "Bring the fod here into my bedroom so I may eat from your hand." And Tamar took the bread she had prepared and brougth it to her brother Amnon in his bedroom. But when she took it to him to eat, he grabbed her and said, "Come to bed with me, my sister." "Don't, my brother!" she said to him. "Don't force me. Such a thing should not be done in Israel! Don't do this wicked thing. What about me? Where coudl I get rid fo my disgrace? And what about you? You would be like one of the wicked fools in Israel. Please speak to the king; he will not keep me from being married to you." But he refused to listen to her, and since he was stronger than seh, he raped her.

What do you think should happen to Amnon in light of his actions?

No comments: