Thursday, April 1, 2010

Friday April 2

Mt 18:12-14
What do you think? If a shepherd has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. So it is not the will of your Father in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost.

BLOG DISCUSSION QUESTION: What do you hear from Jesus from this parable on Good Friday?

4 comments:

Praise said...

This is a good question for Good Friday....Jesus not only went over the mountain to find the lost sheep, he gave His life! He gave His life so that NONE of us would be lost! That must be WHY this day is called GOOD Friday????? Even in its gross and ugly form????

So very, very glad to be studying the life of DAVID! His life has always intrigued me...along with Moses and Joseph! I'll be saving all of the comments!!!!

KevKat said...

I have to agree with Praise that on Good Friday it reminds me of Jesus giving His life for each and everyone of us who are lost. There is a reason why we are called His sheep and He is the GOOD Shepard! God is so great!! Praise be to God that He will never weary in finding that last lost sheep!!!

tjnuernb said...

Why would Jesus die for me?

In the words of Casting Crowns, "Who am I that the Lord of all the earth should care to know my name..."

One sheep...even it if is me. Even if it is you.

Pastor Jerry said...

actually....the previous post was me.....